Attentive Family Law Help When You Need It

Assistance Through Name Change/Birth Certificate Corrections

There are various ways to go about legally changing a child’s name, a birth certificate or a spouse’s name following a divorce. An experienced attorney can help ensure you don’t compromise your rights. William C. Davison, Attorney at Law is here to guide you through this process.

Attorney Bill Davison has helped countless residents in Columbia and Richmond Counties and throughout East Central Georgia navigate the complexities of birth certificate corrections and name changes.

Providing Assistance in Changing a Child’s Name

Officially changing the name of a child requires filing a petition with the court, and may require the consent of both parents. Complexities can arise when one parent refuses to give consent. Bill can guide you through the process and provide legal options to help resolve any problems that arise.

Adult Name Changes

If you desire to have your name changed as an adult, Bill will guide you through the process. From filing a petition with the court to meeting all notification requirements, he can help you address matters effectively. This includes returning your maiden name after divorce.

Get The Help You Need Today

Generally, you do not have to go to court for a name change. Bill offers thorough, attentive service to ensure everything proceeds smoothly. Contact him via email or call 706-250-2969 / 800-664-3058 for your free consultation.