Georgia Prenuptial Agreements Lawyer
Skilled Family Law Firm in Evans, Georgia
If the worst should occur and your marriage does not work out, dividing financial assets, property and debts can become a volatile situation. Prenuptial agreements can help ease future tensions by clearly defining separate property and its disposition, before you get married.
William C. Davison, Attorney at Law, in Evans, Georgia, can help. Contact us to discuss whether a premarital agreement is right for you.
Protecting Your Property Rights and Interests in a Divorce
Prenuptial agreements help protect valuable assets acquired prior to marriage. An experienced prenuptial agreement attorney at our firm can draft a sound agreement to help avoid trouble before it begins:
- Identify and protect your investments, family heirlooms, or a business owned before marriage
- Protect the interests of your children from a prior marriage
- Ensure you get credit for raising the family while a spouse builds a lucrative career or business
- Address how debt accumulated during the marriage will be disposed of in the event of divorce
- Define alimony payments based on the length of marriage to ensure a you either receive support or avoid unfair payment
Avoiding Common Pitfalls and Legal Challenges
We can also help you avoid common problems with prenuptial agreements involving verbal or unsigned agreements, false or inaccurate information, and signatures obtained under duress or coercion.
Talk to Our Georgia Family Law Attorney Today
To learn more about protecting yourself prior to getting married, contact William C. Davison, Attorney at Law, at our Evans, Georgia law office. Call us today at 706-250-2969/800-664-3058 to discuss your concerns.